Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Remote, Lowell, MA
The Position: Responsible for building and maintaining feature modules for EforAll’s web applications.
- Translating requirements from internal program clients into working feature modules that automate and improve how EforAll staff execute programs;
- Collaborating with the Director of Programs and site staff to ensure software requirements are correctly interpreted and implemented;
- Providing feedback and ideas that might influence how the technology can achieve optimal results;
- Designing user interfaces and presenting options to the CTO and Director of Programs;
- Perform coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the development process;
- Participating in and contributing to peer code reviews;
- Providing technical support to site staff that use the in-house mobile web platform;
- Triaging and tracking software defects, raising issues with the team, scoping the effort to resolve defects, and proposing prioritization; and
- Providing technical support to the Release Coordinator to identify and resolve issues ensuring smooth releases with minimal downtime.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field and 2 years of software development experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field.
Experience, which may have been gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above through professional or graduate-level academic experience, must include:
- Developing browser-based applications with Angular or React
- Utilizing WordPress or Drupal functionalities to redesign/manage web content
- Cloud-native services including AWS or Google Cloud
- Database programming and operations using MySQL
- Use Model-View-Controller design pattern to craft complex applications
- Architecting software through the use of Data structures and Algorithms
This is a telecommuting position working from home, may reside anywhere in the U.S.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org