Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; occasional evenings
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Compensation: $125,000 – $135,000 annually
Travel Requirement: 10%
At EforAll (Entrepreneurship for All), we believe everyone should have the opportunity to turn their dream of starting a business into a reality and our purpose is to help all succeed. Dedicated to empowering underrepresented entrepreneurs since 2010, our mission at EforAll is to accelerate economic and social impact in communities nationwide through inclusive entrepreneurship.
We connect deeply with the people we serve because our staff are proud and active members of these communities. EforAll works closely with local champions to encourage growing and thriving economies through local entrepreneurship. The EparaTodos program was designed to support Latinx entrepreneurs where they are, with programs run entirely in Spanish. The success of our programs inspires us each day: Over 1,400 startups launched; 84% women-owned, 69% BIPOC owned, and 31% immigrant-owned; 70% of EforAll businesses are still operating after 3 years; and $66 million in alumni revenue and 2,108 jobs generated in 2022.
We are cheerleaders for our communities. We believe in celebrating strengths and successes. We recognize our team’s personal and professional growth as well as the accomplishments of our entrepreneurs, the dedication of our volunteers, and the generosity of our funders. Embracing a culture of celebration heightens morale and profoundly connects us as members of the EforAll community.
The Regional Director serves as a leader stewarding the mission of EforAll, and managing and mentoring a team of Executive Directors who are responsible for coordinating and implementing the EforAll/EparaTodos program model. The lead advocate for EforAll Executive Directors, the Regional Director actively engages the Executive Directors and builds a network of champions aligned in organizational vision and united in advancing inclusive entrepreneurship. The Regional Director cultivates an environment where all voices are heard, and new perspectives are welcome.
The Regional Director plays a crucial role in overseeing and supporting the operational aspects of EforAll/EparaTodos Sites across the [Region]. With a primary focus on supporting Executive Directors, this role involves a dynamic combination of operational and budgetary oversight, process improvement, and professional learning. The successful candidate will possess strong decision-making abilities, exceptional project management skills, effective communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders. A high level of emotional intelligence is essential for coaching and guiding executive-level staff.
This position is ideal for a transparent leader who excels in coaching and managing teams, demonstrates a strong commitment to implementing an inclusive program model, and is committed to collaborating closely with the peer Regional Director to achieve site and organizational alignment.
Operational Oversight and Support (70%):
- Exhibits outstanding people management capabilities, excelling in leading, inspiring, and developing high-performing teams.
- Directly supervises and oversees the portfolio of Executive Directors.
- Collaborates with Executive Directors to ensure smooth and effective day-to-day operations of programs and services.
- Provides guidance and support to Executive Directors in achieving key performance metrics and organizational goals.
- Inspire collaboration, share information, thoughtfully listen, and respect the abilities of others.
- Regularly assesses and reports on the operational performance of programs within the region.
- Identifies and addresses operational challenges, escalating themes and needs for Organizational improvements with the COO.
- Strategizes with ED to manage internal and external stakeholders, including donors, site councils, partnerships with National office, volunteers, and staff.
- Initiate and foster relationships with Executive team members.
Process Improvements and Professional Learning (20%):
- Leads initiatives to enhance processes and procedures within the region, streamlining workflows for improved efficiency.
- Collaborates and builds peer-to-peer learning spaces and opportunities for ED professional development.
- Monitors and evaluates the impact of process improvements and adapts strategies accordingly.
Collaboration with National Headquarters (10%):
- Works closely with Executive Directors and Finance department to effectively manage and oversee budgets across multiple sites within the region.
- Supports guidelines, practices, financial policies, and regulatory guidelines provided by Finance.
- Provides oversight of financial reporting, meticulously analyzing variances, and proactively addressing any budgetary concerns that may arise.
- Emotional Intelligence: High level of emotional intelligence to effectively coach and support executive-level staff.
- Decision-Making Abilities: Demonstrated ability to make informed and timely decisions that align with organizational goals.
- Communication and Collaboration Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Networking and Relationship Building: Adept at building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Project Management: Proven experience in successfully managing projects from initiation to completion.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (master’s preferred).
- 7+ years of experience managing people in a remote environment for a non-profit organization or related industry.
- Excellent documentation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in using Google Suites and quick to adapt to new software applications.
- Experience creating budgets, managing revenue and expenses.
- Familiarity with best practices in process improvement and professional development.
- Ability to travel within the region as needed.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Additional Voluntary Benefit
EforAll provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.