Program Manager – EparaTodos – Rhode Island
Reports To: Executive Director, EforAll/EparaTodos – Rhode Island
Location: Providence, RI
Job Type: Full-Time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, with one or two days a week working a sliding schedule that may start later in the day and end as late as 9:00 pm.
*Because this position is integral to the success of all programs we provide to our entrepreneurs, the work hours are dynamic. Please keep in mind that many of our programs run during the evening hours on a consistent schedule to make them accessible to the majority of the community.
At EforAll (Entrepreneurship for All), we believe everyone should have the opportunity to turn their dream of starting a business into a reality, and our purpose is to help all succeed. Dedicated to empowering underrepresented entrepreneurs since 2010, our mission at EforAll is to accelerate economic and social impact in communities nationwide through inclusive entrepreneurship.
We connect deeply with the people we serve because our staff are proud and active members of these communities. EforAll works closely with local champions to encourage growing and thriving economies through local entrepreneurship. The EparaTodos program was designed to support Latinx entrepreneurs where they are, with programs run entirely in Spanish. The success of our programs inspires us each day: 713 startups launched; 72% women-owned, 70% BIPOC owned, 39% immigrant-owned, and 38% previously unemployed; 70% of EforAll businesses are still operating after 3 years; and $43 million in alumni revenue generated in 2020.
EparaTodos seeks a Program Manager who is a motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a diverse and collaborative environment. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who naturally engage with stakeholders and are skillful communicators. Strong candidates provide support for entrepreneurs by comfortably facilitating mentorship relationships and listening for ways to proactively assist. We are a growing and dynamic organization, and this position is perfect for an energetic, flexible professional who can pivot quickly, balancing several projects and tasks. We take a grassroots approach and physically go into all neighborhoods we serve; the ideal candidate has essential knowledge of Providence and the surrounding communities.
We are cheerleaders for our communities. We believe in celebrating strengths and successes. We recognize our team’s personal and professional growth as well as the accomplishments of our entrepreneurs, the dedication of our volunteers, and the generosity of our funders. Embracing a culture of celebration heightens morale and profoundly connects us as members of the EforAll community.
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the management of EparaTodos Rhode Island’s semi-annual Business Accelerator program, quarterly Business Pitch Contests, and other local online and/or in-person events to drive entrepreneur awareness and engagement. Looking for a motivated, energetic, self-starter who enjoys working within a diverse and collaborative environment.
Collaborating and Building Relationships:
Our impact is greater when we work together to support entrepreneurs in their journey, regardless of where they are in the development of their ideas. We work hard to surround entrepreneurs with an extended professional network that is dedicated to supporting them throughout their journey. Comfortable engaging with people, the Project Manager is outward-facing, providing essential community outreach, and inward-facing, fostering a collaborative and supportive professional culture.
- Recruit, train, and communicate with volunteers to serve the mission of EforAll.
- Attend and speak at community meetings and events to build awareness for EforAll.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations and the local entrepreneurship ecosystem to work collaboratively with the community to support the recruitment of entrepreneurs.
- Encourage entrepreneurs and community involvement through outreach in the community as well as social media and innovative marketing.
We honor the challenging and often lonely path faced by an entrepreneur and our primary focus is making sure the individual has the support and training needed to fully realize their ideas. We always put the entrepreneur first. We value human connection and make sure there is input through all our processes, procedures, communication, and decision-making.
- Work directly with and lead groups of budding entrepreneurs by informing them, advocating for them, and supporting them at all stages of our programs.
- Identify candidates in the community for the Accelerator Program (The EforAll Accelerator Program is a one-year program that offers a unique combination of immersive business training, mentorship, and access to an extended professional network).
- Proactively seek inclusivity and diversity and encourage the representation of entrepreneurs and volunteers that reflect the demographics of the community.
- Partner with trusted organizations in the community, such as reentry programs, housing authorities, cultural groups, etc.
- Connect entrepreneurs to resources to support their well-being.
Program Oversight and Management:
EforAll staff hustles with passion. We are a non-competitive, collaborative, thoughtful team of humble rock stars. No matter what position someone holds, everyone rolls up their sleeves.
- Coordinate and facilitate all EforAll programs, events, and meetings virtually and/or in person with the support of the Executive Director. These programs include the Business Accelerator program and the Business Pitch Contests.
- Work with the Executive Director, Program staff, and Headquarters staff to ensure program quality and consistency.
- Bring forth new ideas and resources to meet the changing needs of entrepreneurs, the community, and economic conditions.
- Build brand awareness in the community through event and program promotion.
- Maintain a database with contact and program information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Spanish and English are required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in planning, organizing, managing, running programs, and community work.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation (work-related travel is reimbursed).
Skills and Abilities:
- Tech-savvy with strong knowledge of video conferencing, social media, Google Suites, and comfortable learning new software.
- Excellent communication, documentation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the state of Rhode Island.
- Flexibility – programs run during the evening hours on a consistent schedule to make them accessible to the majority of the community.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Additional Voluntary Benefit
EforAll provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.