We are excited to officially announce the SPARK EforAll Holyoke’s 2019 Winter Cohort! The cohort consists of 8 businesses and 13 participants. They are a group of wonderful entrepreneurs who are committed to making their business excel!
Read below to learn more about each of the businesses.
- Star Dancers’ Studio – Alexcelin Saldaña: A dance studio in Holyoke, that provides low-income families an affordable after school safe environment where Children can enhance their dance skills, meet new friends while staying fit.
- Mateo Auto Sales & Service – Abiel Alvarado, Marcos Mateo, Madeline Mateo: Mateo Auto and service is a family owned and operated, auto and collision repair shop that provides quality service to the city of Holyoke and nearby communities. We have affordable vehicles for purchase that have been thoroughly inspected and serviced to our high quality standard.
- MobilMotiv – Luis Serrano: MobilMotiv is a mobile automotive service. Mechanics on call as part of a fleet. That services the surrounding communities in any light duty mechanical needs. With website and app use, it makes customer to mechanic communication easier. Book and have a certified automotive tech at your home or business(where allowed).
- Children’s Books – Lauren Webb: Writes and illustrates books for children that deal with illnesses children encounter, death of a relative, divorce, braces, domestic violence, abuse, puberty, mental illness, being different, young entrepreneurs etc. Laruen would like to work with permitted children from the community as characters and bring their stories to life and sell books to schools worldwide and all online forums.
- Cantina Curbside Grill – Julianny Molinary & Rashad Ali: Cantina Curbside Grill Food Truck features an exciting Latin Fusion Menu changing daily. The menu consists of locally sourced seasonal fresh ingredients, mouthwatering marinated meats and vegetables perfectly paired with flavorful micro greens. Their unique fusion food truck is primarily based in the downtown Springfield, Massachusetts area and in various locations. They will also plan on attending farmers markets, local town/city events, neighborhood colleges, business functions, weddings and other private occasions or social gatherings. For updates and locations, follow Cantina Curbside on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- LifeBooch Kombucha – Michael Bennion & Kristin Anthony: LifeBooch Kombucha was created with the idea of creating great tasting, healthy, and smooth kombucha that will set itself apart from other kombuchas on the market. Three words to describe our business and our approach in making kombucha is “Alive, Handcrafted, and Local.” Kombucha is a fermented tea offering many health benefits, primarily as an aid to gut health due to the naturally occuring many probiotics in the drink. It is low in sugar and a healthy alternative to sodas or alcoholic beverages.
- Pulegium Consulting – Cynthia Espinosa: A Consulting business that offers professional development regarding social, food and racial justice with a focus on environment to nonprofits, groups, institutions, organizations and businesses. Services include curriculum development, hands on training/facilitation of training and education. There are also aspiring plans to include relief environmental education and efforts after natural disasters.
- Veganish Foodies-India Russell & Lamont Stuckey: Veganish Foodies is a lifestyle brand for people who like to eat, want to eat healthier without having to be vegan/vegetarian or follow a restrictive/fad diet. We want to introduce transitional food alternatives from a fleet of food trailers and we’ve developed a veganish sauce & cookbook.