Located in Central Massachusetts, Worcester is known as the “heart of the Commonwealth.” It has a rich history of industry and innovation and became a notable industrial city after the Civil War. After World War II, Worcester began to fall into decline as the city lost its manufacturing base to cheaper alternatives across the country and overseas. Worcester’s economy started to recover as the city expanded into biotechnology and healthcare fields and it has gotten national recognition as an entrepreneurial-friendly hub. Fun fact: Worcester resident Harvey Ball designed the world-famous Smiley Face in 1963.
Local Stories and News
Mass NonProfit News – May 25, 2022
The Boston Globe – May 16, 2022
BusinessWest.com – May 12, 2022
The Lowell Sun – May 4, 2022
BusinessWest.com – May 3, 2022
Local Volunteer Opportunities
Support Our Site
If you want to help support our entrepreneurs in the Worcester area, please consider making an online donation today. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.
Stay in touch
Join our email list so you can stay connected to local program news and announcements.
Follow Us on Social
Leadership Advisory Board
- Christina M. Andreoli – Berkshire Bank
- Eric Busenburg – Euro-American Worldwide Logistics
- Mary Casey – Harbor Law Group
- Jeanne Esler – Esler Family Foundation
- John Esler – Esler Family Foundation (Finance Chair)
- Dina Gaudette – Gaudette Insurance Agency
- John Haffty – Navin, Haffty & Associates
- Robyn Kennedy – YWCA of Central Massachusetts
- Sheila King Goodwin – Fidelity Bank (Nominating Chair)
- Manasseh Konadu – ākra LLC
- Emmanuel Larbi – ākra LLC
- Ladd Lavallee – Laddawn Inc.
- Stacy Luster – Worcester State University
- Helder Machado – Machado Consulting
- Bart McCracken – Immedia Event Productions
- Bob Sommers – City Wide of Boston
- Kelsey Stuart – Hanover Insurance
- Monica Thomas Bonnick – Webster 5 Bank
- Elaine Vescio – Worcester State University (Board Chair & Programming Chair)