Reports To: Programs Director, Entrepreneurship for All
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, leading the organization’s development efforts, directing the work of professional staff, and serving as the primary spokesperson for EforAll/EparaTodos in Rhode Island. Support from a local Leadership Advisory Board & Programs Director will ensure that the organization is fiscally sound and that its internal and external communications, development, and programs are meeting the current and emergent needs and interests of its constituents.
The Executive Director will have a working knowledge of business, startups and be a leader and manager who is adept at balancing internal management with external impact and visibility. The individual must be an outstanding communicator who is able to convey effectively the mission and activities of EforAll/EparaTodos to a variety of constituencies, as well as to the broader public.
Leadership and Vision: The Executive Director serves as a visionary leader stewarding the mission of EforAll, EparaTodos, and eforever (partner organization) within Rhode Island. As a servant leader, the Executive Director provides the local staff with a strong and supportive day-to-day leadership presence and fosters a collaborative professional culture.
- Establish a clear vision for the continued innovation and excellence in all programs and efforts.
- Implement the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Provide direction to guide programs that align with EforAll’s vision.
- Manage and consult with the Leadership Advisory Board to develop a sustainability and growth plan.
Relationship Building and Community Collaboration: The Executive Director is recognized in the community as the lead advocate for EforAll/EparaTodos programs. By actively engaging stakeholders, the Executive Director builds a network of champions and organizations aligned and united in inclusive entrepreneurship. The Executive Director cultivates an environment where all voices are heard and new perspectives are welcome.
- Initiate and strengthen relationships and collaborations with organizations and leaders who are connected to EforAll’s mission and purpose.
- Inspire collaboration, share information, thoughtfully listen, and respect the abilities of others.
- Network in the community building relationships, engaging in public relations activities such as presentations, active committee participation, and information dissemination via various media outlets.
Development and Fundraising: The Executive Director is a self-starter and finisher who will implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy for EforAll, EparaTodos, and eforever that includes major gifts from individuals, corporate sponsorships, government funding, grants, and in-kind donations. As an entrepreneur with a proven track record of building philanthropic relationships, the Executive Director understands the value of creating relationships with other organizations and key stakeholders aligned with EforAll’s goals.
- Cultivate, solicit, and maintain strong relationships with a portfolio of various donors.
- Work with EforAll’s Advancement team to create and update proposals and reports for all grant, foundation, and corporate fundraising.
- Manage and maintain the donor management system.
- Research and remain aware of the grant and foundation landscape.
- Effectively communicate and interact with people from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
Administration and Finance: EforAll staff work with passion. We are a non-competitive, collaborative, thoughtful team of humble rock stars. With a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, the Executive Director is proactive and fosters organizational effectiveness. Ensuring that daily operations are professionally and efficiently organized and administered requires an approach that is both strategic and tactical and in alignment with the organizational vision.
- Manage and support two Program Managers in coordinating and facilitating all EforAll/ EparaTodos programs and events virtually and/or in person.
- Oversee the financial operations to meet revenue and budget requirements to support programs and operations.
- Direct and evaluate communication strategies to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence.
- Bring forth new ideas and resources to meet the changing needs of entrepreneurs, the community, and economic conditions.
- Recruit, train, and communicate with volunteers to serve the mission of EforAll/EparaTodos, including Mentors, Judges, and more.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Spanish and English required.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and public speaking ability.
- Minimum of five years of experience in leading planning, organizing, running programs and community work required.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation (work-related travel is reimbursed).
Skills and Abilities:
- Tech savvy with strong knowledge of video conferencing, social media, Google Suites, and comfortable learning new software.
- Excellent communication, documentation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Rhode Island.
- Passionate about startups and entrepreneurship.
- Flexible and well-organized.
YOUR WORK HOURS:
Regular work hours are Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm with one or two days a week working a sliding schedule that may start later in the day and end as late as 9 pm.
Because this position is integral to the success of all programs we provide to our entrepreneurs, the work hours are dynamic. Please keep in mind that many of our programs run during the evening hours on a consistent schedule to make them accessible to the majority of the community.
Salary commensurate with experience; Full benefits for full-time work; Great networking and professional development.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
EforAll provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health reimbursement
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Additional voluntary benefits
Apply using the link below or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org