Community Outreach Coordinator – Northwest Arkansas
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Northwest Arkansas
The Position: The Community Outreach Coordinator is integral to assisting all programs EforAll provides to our entrepreneurs. Through collaboration and relationship building, the Community Outreach Coordinator provides general assistance with entrepreneurship education and support programs, including administrative work, organizing and executing information sessions, interaction with many different audiences including program participants, mentors, leadership, funders and the general public.
Skills and Abilities:
- Nurture new and old relationships with leaders of the different minority groups in the area including: African American, Hispanic, Marshallese, Hmong, Indian, Native American, and Rural.
- Maintaining a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Keep track of community issues related to entrepreneurship such as language barriers, cultural barriers, economic barriers, legal barriers, etc.
- Work closely with the Program Managers and Executive Director to help in volunteer and entrepreneur recruitment for both of our programs.
- Assist with connecting with other local non-profit organizations that are helping one or more of the minority groups that EforAll is helping to find ways we can collaborate by leveraging each other’s strengths.
- Tech savvy with strong knowledge of video conferencing, social media, Google Suites, and comfortable learning new software.
- Excellent communication, documentation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Northwest Arkansas key stakeholders.
- Flexibility – programs and events run during the evening hours or on weekends to make them accessible to the majority of the community.
- Track record of active professional and/or personal involvement with diverse members of the local community, with a preference for examples of leadership skills in empowering community members to take action.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience in planning, organizing, managing, or running programs/community work or other equivalent experience. (No minimum requirement but the more experience, the stronger the candidate.)
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation (work-related travel is reimbursed).
- Candidates must be able to participate in outreach efforts and events in person, and have experience professionally and/or personally working with locals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please send a cover letter and resume to rodrigo.salas@eforall.
EforAll provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.