Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Full-time, Remote
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
EforAll seeks a Chief Operating Officer skilled in program delivery, people strategy, and financial oversight. The ideal candidate is strategic-, people-, and mission-focused. Successful candidates are leaders who are collaborative and intent on operationalizing strategy and have the skills, sensitivity, personality, and experience to continue building EforAll’s culture of openness, inclusivity, effectiveness, and innovation.
We are cheerleaders for our communities. We believe in celebrating strengths and successes. We recognize our team’s personal and professional growth as well as the accomplishments of our entrepreneurs, the dedication of our volunteers, and the generosity of our funders. Embracing a culture of celebration heightens morale and profoundly connects us as members of the EforAll community.
The COO is charged with building an organization that can meet the Board’s impact-driven goals while respecting the organization’s learnings (having run over 100 accelerator programs), working closely with experienced staff, building a positive and results-oriented culture, as well as keeping a close eye on financial stability. The COO will hold individuals and teams accountable for results by building plans collaboratively and following up to ensure targets are reached or exceeded.
Specifically, the COO has three significant areas of focus:
- People Strategy
- Program Delivery
- Financial Oversight and Resource Allocation
The Chief Operating Officer will look for ways to enhance and strengthen EforAll’s culture to ensure employees feel equally proud of their work and the organization regardless of geographic location or job. The COO is a motivational team builder who will lead the EforAll employees to ensure that we attract, train, nurture, and retain the very best people – and that there is a clear understanding among the staff of the goals, values, and best practices, all of which combine into shaping EforAll’s culture. The COO will provide operational support to deliver clarity regarding workflow, staff roles, and responsibilities.
- Direct the recruitment of new employees, ensuring we find the best possible candidates while using a strong DEI lens to ensure our staff reflects the diverse entrepreneurs with whom we work.
- Leveraging the work already done in-house, design and build systems for training new employees so they can become productive quickly.
- Set up measurement systems for goals that are easily understood and constantly updated, so that employees understand how they’re evaluated and managers can prioritize attention where it’s needed most.
- Build a system to keep track of best practices, including tests and experiments, so that new and existing employees can easily understand why our processes exist and don’t repeat experiments unnecessarily.
- Build training systems so every employee can leverage their background, culture, and lived experiences towards success in their role and their career at EforAll.
- Look for ways to enhance and strengthen EforAll’s culture so that all employees, regardless of geographic location, position, or background, feel proud of their work and the organization. Leverage monitoring tools to get feedback from employees on a regular basis.
The Chief Operating Officer is a thought leader and problem solver who will hold individuals and teams accountable for attaining their goals and executing new processes. Work with EforAll’s Board, Exec Team, and Director of Finance to monitor the costs to deliver EforAll’s programs and ensure they are in line with revenue forecasts. As ideas turn into projects, build buy-in within the organization to ease execution. Celebrating successes as the organization attains new levels of success.
- Lead EforAll’s program and functional teams to constantly look for improvements in program and functional execution and delivery while staying true to the impact our entrepreneurs, communities and funders expect – and respecting the culture and strengths of the EforAll staff.
- Oversee the Director of Program Experience and collaborate to review and research the best practices for program delivery, using inside and outside of EforAll examples.
- Strive to find the right balance between community-based program execution teams and National-based functional teams (including finance, HR, software development, marketing, and program development and design).
- Develop and communicate a clear vision inside and outside EforAll, articulating how the organization will attain its goals, what amount of change will be needed, and strategically orchestrate the change.
- Train existing and new staff on evolving processes and procedures, putting in place management systems to ensure entrepreneurs, volunteers, donors, and staff have the resources and training they need to implement the changes.
Financial Oversight and Resource Allocation:
The Chief Operations Officer is an effective team leader who addresses complex issues with tangible results and will work with EforAll’s Board, Executive Team, and Director of Finance to monitor the costs to deliver EforAll’s programs and ensure they are in line with revenue forecasts. As ideas turn into projects, the COO will build buy-in within the organization to ease execution—a team leader who positively and productively impacts strategic and tactical administration initiatives.
- Benchmark EforAll’s cost per outcome with outside data to ensure EforAll offers excellent value to donors.
- Look for opportunities to gain efficiencies through technology in terms of program delivery and employee tools.
- Reduce challenges that occur when multiple positions are open while programs still need execution.
- Look for efficiency gains as EforAll continues to expand.
- Ensure that the goals for each position are manageable; investigate training options to help staff gain expertise as needed.
- Work with staff to design improvements – ie from the bottom up.
- Accept ownership of overall expenses outside of Advancement and General Management.
- Solid understanding of staff management.
- Proven leadership ability with a growth mindset.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Superior management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with nonprofits.
- Evidence of strategic planning, growth planning, and national expansion.
- Superior management skills and the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Additional Voluntary Benefit
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply through the link below.
EforAll provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.