Chief Development Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote, with some travel
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: $185,000 – $225,000
At EforAll (Entrepreneurship for All), we believe everyone should have the opportunity to turn their dream of starting a business into a reality and our purpose is to help all succeed. Dedicated to empowering underrepresented entrepreneurs since 2010, our mission at EforAll is to accelerate economic and social impact in communities nationwide through inclusive entrepreneurship.
We connect deeply with the people we serve because our staff are proud and active members of these communities. EforAll works closely with local champions to encourage growing and thriving economies through local entrepreneurship. The EparaTodos program was designed to support Latinx entrepreneurs where they are, with programs run entirely in Spanish. The success of our programs inspires us each day: Over 1,400 startups launched; 84% women-owned, 69% BIPOC owned, and 31% immigrant-owned; 70% of EforAll businesses are still operating after 3 years; and $66 million in alumni revenue and 2,108 jobs generated in 2022.
We are a team driven to empower underrepresented entrepreneurs. We are looking for a development leader who is dedicated to our mission and eager to roll up their sleeves; who navigates the granular details of fundraising while embracing the role of storyteller, inspiring stakeholders to action.
Building on organizational growth, EforAll seeks a Chief Development Officer to launch a development initiative that will support our local and national development efforts. The future CDO demonstrates the ability to raise money on a national level and the ability to establish innovative processes that will serve the organization through continued growth. This position represents a unique opportunity for a strategic candidate who can successfully balance the management of day-to-day fundraising needs with the building of sustainable, organization-wide development strategies. Dedicated to social impact, the ideal candidate will provide a solid management foundation from which to strategically grow the development team and encourage its employees to flourish.
We are cheerleaders for our communities. We believe in celebrating strengths and successes. We recognize our team’s personal and professional growth, the accomplishments of our entrepreneurs, the dedication of our volunteers, and the generosity of our funders. Embracing a culture of celebration heightens morale and profoundly connects us as members of the EforAll community.
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) is a senior leadership position, reporting directly to the CEO and participates as an Executive Leadership Team member. A proven leader and manager, the Chief Development Officer acts as a thought leader and advisor to the Executive Team and the Board and a coach and mentor to the Development team. The CDO will create and implement an overall fundraising strategy for a multi-site national organization, including building the annual fundraising plan, establishing performance measures, reviewing results, and evaluating the effectiveness of the Development program. As a frontline fundraiser, the Chief Development Officer will lead and manage the Development operations of EforAll’s multi-state program, including unique site-specific fundraising and national fundraising goals to support EforAll’s expanding programs.
Leadership: As an Executive Team member, knowledge expert, and compelling communicator, the Chief Development Officer will inspire the development team, Executive Directors, the Board of Directors, potential and existing funders, and internal and external stakeholders. The CDO will foster a culture of personal and professional development as the team structure evolves and grows.
- Engaging communicator and collaborator with the ability to understand and navigate the nuances of a multisite organization.
- Provide development expertise to the CEO and Executive team and structure the Development function as a resource for all staff.
- Oversee team and department management, function, and success, including leading and translating strategy into actionable goals for growth and performance.
- Provide staff with a strong and supportive day-to-day leadership presence.
Strategy: The Chief Development Officer is an effective and impactful leader with a growth mindset who can build teams and systems in alignment with EforAll’s priorities. The CDO will formulate and implement actionable strategies ensuring the Development efforts are meeting the emergent needs of program expansion.
- Develop the fundraising plan for a coordinated national effort.
- Establish organization-wide infrastructure and systems to effectively manage donor information and relationships.
- Provide strategic direction, training, guidance, and motivation to stakeholders to help them leverage their resources.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the effectiveness of the development initiative.
Fundraising: As a skilled fundraiser, the CDO possesses a wide range of development experience, demonstrating increased responsibility with varied funding streams. The CDO will meaningfully support fundraising’s full lifecycle, with an emphasis on the importance of cultivating relationships.
- Responsible for a budget of $11.6 million.
- Prospect, steward, cultivate, and retain their own portfolio of donors with a plan to grow their gifts over time and increase their engagement.
- Coach, mentor, and lead staff in Moves Management and fundraising best practices.
- Provide strategic direction, training, guidance, and motivation to the Board to help them leverage their resources.
- Proven leadership ability with a growth mindset and evidence of strategic planning and growth planning.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a solid understanding of staff management and development operations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of executive leadership experience
- 10 years of Development experience
- CFRE preferred
- Ability to travel
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Additional Voluntary Benefit
EforAll provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.