Reports to: VP of Finance and Administration, Entrepreneurship for All
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
This is a new position at EFORALL. The Staff Accountant will support the daily financial operating needs within EforAll. Duties include maintenance of monthly accounts, processing journal entries, payables and receivables. The Staff Accountant will assist in the monthly closing process.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for processing transactions in various accounting system modules timely and accurately to ensure efficient monthly closings.
- Enter payables, receivables, general journal entries to the accounting system.
- Prepare, deposits and transmittals, and include backup documents into the system. Input approved vendors and customers, accounts, etc.
- Perform reconciliations and track schedules for accounting processing…
- Includes bank reconciliations, credit card and expense tracking, budgets and uploads to the accounting system as well as assist with the audit process.
- Research variances resolve problems and discrepancies. Maintain schedules to support monthly financial reports.
- Assist with documenting processes as needed.
- Responsible for learning the accounting processes, – workflow, new accounts, program setups etc.
- Provide customer service to internal and external sources.
- Respond to inquiries from managers and external sources (e.g. audit confirmations).
- Assist on other projects
- College degree or equivalent experience in accounting or related subject such as math, business or finance
- 3-5 years’ experience with a financial services firm or in the accounting department of an organization
- Mathematical aptitude and analytical ability
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and proficiency of finance and accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks, Salesforce and Excel
- Ability to work in a team and to relate and communicate well with other staff members
- Some travel may be required
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the Entrepreneurship for All’s changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.