Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, Entrepreneurship for All
EforAll is a growing nonprofit organization with an innovative approach to launching entrepreneurs in underserved communities. Currently active in eight Massachusetts cities, EforAll is expanding across the country. A campaign to fund the national expansion is well underway. We believe that accelerating local, community-based entrepreneurship across the country requires strong national and local communication, marketing and outreach.
EforAll is seeking a highly-skilled, energetic, entrepreneurial marketing and communications professional to build awareness of the impact and value of our work to a diverse audience. Creativity, a commitment to deliver results, a hands-on attitude and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a mission-driven team.
Position Reporting Relationship
This position will report to the CEO. The Director of Marketing and Communications will be a member of the senior management team at EforAll.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Develop and execute a nation-wide communications plan that:
- Builds EforAll’s thought leadership on inclusive entrepreneurship, shared prosperity, and entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Increases the visibility of EforAll nationally as well as locally in the communities we serve.
- Identifies and reaches the broad and diverse constituencies drawn to EforAll’s mission via targeted outreach, relationship building with key members of the press/media, partner organizations, and other new media.
- Increase the number of communities interested in funding and running EforAll programs via on and offline outreach efforts, thought leadership campaigns, website traffic and marketing materials including printed decks.
- Update website design and content to continuously improve EforAll’s messaging to constituents.
- Monitor and maintain our website SEO/SEM performance, including optimally leveraging our Google Ads Grant.
- Create and manage EforAll’s marketing/branding playbook.
- Create and manage an efficient system for the design, writing, creation, and distribution of printed/electronic materials for national and local marketing/development campaigns.
- Provide marketing collateral that all program staff can access and customize according to their needs.
- Collaborate across the EforAll team
- Serve as the senior marketing team member on the planning and execution of a variety of EforAll-led external events, including the annual EforAll Summit.
- Identify and secure high visibility media partnerships via participation in relevant conferences and convenings.
- Collaborate with EforAll’s Content Manager to conceptualize, organize, manage, and complete shared projects and assignments.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree a plus
- 5+ years of relevant work, preferably including private sector experience
- Significant hands-on experience in marketing and communications, with a track record of creating, delivering, and measuring innovative marketing strategies
- Strong network of relationships with press and thought leaders in a relevant space, and the capacity to effectively enlist and engage leaders to support our work
- Proven success tailoring complex messages in compelling ways to a diverse range of audiences
- Exceptional analytic, written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, including strong capacity to manage and coordinate simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize among multiple tasks within a fast-paced initiative
- Collaborative and flexible work style and commitment to a collegial workplace. Ability to influence and drive change in a collaborative manner
- Enthusiasm for working in an early-stage organization, educating staff and relevant stakeholders on how to elevate marketing/communications as an organizational value
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, results-oriented workplace
- High proficiency in project management software, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- Bilingual – English-Spanish is a major plus
Salary range and benefits package: Competitive. This is a full time, exempt position based in Lowell, MA.
How to Apply
If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject: “Director of Marketing and Communications – Your Name”. Please note that your cover letter should be no longer than one page and specifically detail your interest in this position. EforAll is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages people from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.