Education Challenge / Application and Selection Process
Who can apply?
The 2013-2014 MVS Education Innovation Challenge is open to all teachers in the Lawrence Public Schools.
How to Apply?
Teachers are invited to submit an online proposal that outlines their approach to bring innovation to their schools. Teachers are encouraged to work in teams.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED – Proposals should be submitted by NOVEMBER 15TH, 2013.
- Proposals should be submitted via an online application form that will be available at: http://eforall.org/education-challenge/apply-now/
- Teachers that are selected for the Challenge will be informed by November 25th, 2013. The applications are limited to the first 100 teacher applications that are received at or before NOVEMBER 15TH. Apply early to ensure you are considered
How will the proposals be evaluated?
A panel of judges selected by the Deshpande Foundation in consultation with the Superintendent of Lawrence Public Schools will select up to 30 teams from the proposals submitted.
Proposals will be evaluated and priority consideration given for proposals that:
- Demonstrate an innovation approach
- Invite cooperative learning
- Encourage collaborative efforts among teachers, administrators, parents and community organizations
- Have a broad impact on the school system
- Address some of the focus areas specified in the detailed document: http://eforall.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MVS-Education-Innovation-Challenge-20132.pdf
Awards and recognition
Teams whose proposals are selected will be provided project funds up to $1000 to pilot the proposed project. All teams selected will need to attend the three teacher workshops during the year and participate in an Education Innovation Showcase in June 2014. Teams will provide updates on their projects at the workshops.
2013-2014 School Year
- September 2013 – Kick-off and Awareness campaign for MVS Education Innovation Challenge
- November 15th, 2013 – Applications due – deadline extended
- November 25th, 2013 – Awardees announced
- December 11th, 2013 – Teacher Workshop
- February 26th, 2014 – Teacher Workshop
- April 30th, 2014 – Teacher Workshop
- June 9th, 2014 – MVS Education Innovation Showcase